The Internet of Things – the trend towards connecting a growing number of objects (cars, various sensors, industrial robots, etc.) and making them “smart” – could benefit from 5G and thus facilitate multiple applications such as Industry 4.0. The speed, immediacy and security of data exchanged through this technology ensure that 5G is a major asset for the industry of the future.
Eiffage Énergie Systèmes works to integrate this solution with the help of equipment manufacturers and operators, and offers you:
- Design: core and service studies and engineering, network architecture
- Deployment: selection and supply of equipment, installation and commissioning
- Operation of the system: day-to-day running, management of changes, supervision, level 2 & 3 support
- Maintenance: preventive and curative work by maintenance teams
- Dedicated solutions: solutions and offers tailored to the customer’s practices and challenges
Industrial 5G: a must for the factory of the future
The strengths of industrial 5G can deliver on many of the promises of digital transformation:
- Streamlined architecture costs
- Intrinsic integration of cybersecurity components
- Coverage of a variety of large geographical areas: indoor, outdoor, underground
- Prioritised communications: priority flows defined
- An open approach to new functionalities
- Geolocation of persons and resources, continuous communications,
- Improved maintenance: remote diagnosis via thermal cameras and artificial intelligence, remote maintenance support, augmented reality, etc.
- Automation: automation of hazardous operations, real-time vehicle guidance, robotisation, employee-machine interactions, etc.
- Improvement of existing functionalities
- Combining just-in-time or on-demand production to deliver the highest efficiency levels in increasingly competitive markets
- Maximising production machine automation with real-time communications
- Responding to emerging requirements: being more agile, more flexible, more secure and more connected
Scalable 4G to 5G network applications
- Tracking, monitoring, controlling: understanding the state of production at all times
- Locating smart tools on a production line
- Ensuring automatic control and adjustment of the sharpening process
- Assisting the operator in manual tasks; for example, with a video feed to check that a piece of equipment is being screwed on correctly and to alert the operator if it is being handled incorrectly.
- Mixed and/or augmented reality to assist technicians working on complex operations in real time
- Reducing the cost of infrastructure and its administration: removing Wi-Fi hubs and using the intrinsic security of 5G
- Drone piloting on industrial sites and real-time information retrieval
- Delivering Machine-to-Machine communications and enabling real-time remote monitoring of production indicators
Consult all our job offers
Available to apprentices, to people looking for an internship or a job, and also to Eiffage employees, the Taléo search engine is the best way of finding out about openings available within the Group. “Area of employment”, “Location”, “Organisation”, “Fixed-term contract”, “Open-ended contract”, “Internship”, “Apprenticeship”: just fill in a few criteria to have real-time access to all the professional development opportunities.